Finding an Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury is a term used in the legal field to describe mental and physical injuries which happen due to someone else’s negligence, strict liability, or intentional actions. If you have suffered an injury a personal injury lawyer can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Each year in Alpharetta and the Atlanta, Georgia area, many people are injured in workplace accidents, in auto accidents, because of hazardous products, or as the result of property owner’s negligence.
In most cases, the victims are injured through no fault of their own but are still left with the pain, the financial burden and the stress which accompanies those injuries.
At Singleton Law Firm, we firmly advise all those affected to come out and fight for their rights. You need to find an Alpharetta, personal injury attorney who can help argue your case and ultimately secure your compensation.
Before you hire a personal injury lawyer, you will certainly want to meet for an initial consultation. Most attorneys offer this consultation for free since the meeting assists them in determining whether your case is genuine and viable. So, to help you find a very good personal injury attorney, here are some questions you will have to ask during your consultation:
• Have you dealt with cases like mine in the past, and what were the judgments? Find out if your lawyer has ever handled the type of incident or accident which led to your injury. For example, an attorney who specializes in trucking accidents may have to reject your case if a motorcycle accidents attorney should handle it.
• How many personal injury cases have you taken to trial? Ask whether your lawyer and their law firm boast practical litigation experience with various personal injury claims and what the settlements of those trials were.
• Do you’ve previous clients who’d agree to speak to me? Talking to former clients is the most effective way to evaluate the response of an attorney to crucial questions or concerns. Although no one settlement can adequately relieve all discomfort for either party in a personal injury case, a lawyer can assist you to achieve a fair settlement no matter who’s responsible.
• How long would I’ve to wait before I get a judgment or settlement? A personal injury attorney should be in a position to provide you a general estimate of the duration of the process.
• Do you charge on a contingent fee basis? You need to find out how and when your lawyer will bill you.
When Should You Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers usually focus on one form of personal injury claim, like medical malpractice or car accident injuries. Also, they’ve significant experience in tort law that entails civil litigation to facilitate the recovery of financial damages in a particular settlement. Here are some scenarios where you might consider hiring a personal injury attorney to represent you:
• You have suffered a permanently disabling or long-term injury.
• The insurance company declines to pay for your injuries.
• You have suffered a severe short-term injury which resulted in substantial medical expenses.
• When an individual claiming negligence on your part is suing you.
• You were exposed to a noxious substance due to the negligent contamination of food, water, or air.
• You suffered an illness or injury due to negligence by a hospital, nurse, doctor, or any other healthcare provider. In this situation, you would hire a medical malpractice lawyer.
• You have experienced illness or psychological trauma due to someone’s negligence.
What A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do For You
If you have been injured in any accident which was not your fault, a personal injury lawyer can assist you to get a fair settlement from an insurance company.
While it is likely to get some compensation without any legal representation, there is a high chance that the relevant insurance firm will attempt to take advantage of you and offer you less than what you deserve if you do not have a personal injury attorney.
If you have been injured and require legal advice, contact Donald W. Singleton for a free, private, and confidential consultation. At Singleton Law Firm, our experienced Alpharetta personal injury attorneys truly understand the complexities involved with the personal injury claims and the significance of presenting sufficient supporting evidence.
We’ll work with you to develop the required documentation, and we’ll consult with highly experienced medical experts, as necessary so that we can pursue your personal injury claim effectively.
Our Alpharetta personal injury attorneys are committed to getting clients the best recovery possible, whether filing a personal injury case, requesting social security disability or submitting a claim for worker’s compensation. Fill out the contact form or call us at (770) 889-6010). Contact Us TODAY for a free consultation!