Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Four Steps to Take When Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit, Alpharetta.
Here are four steps to take when filing a wrongful death Lawsuit in Alpharetta. The weeks, months or even years that follow the death of your loved one could be quite overwhelming especially if the victim was the source of income. Apart from the emotional trauma, the family may struggle to pay bills. This is where an Alpharetta wrongful death lawsuit may help.
You might be entitled to the compensation to pay for funeral expenses, lost wages, and other damages if another person’s negligence led to the death of your loved one. Your Alpharetta wrongful death Lawsuit attorney can assist you to navigate the claim process and avoid any costly mistakes.
At Singleton Law Firm, LLC, we will evaluate your case to determine whether you may have grounds for a claim or lawsuit. Call (770) 889 6010 to discuss your situation with our experienced and reliable wrongful death attorneys, Alpharetta.
Until then, here are 4 important steps when initiating a wrongful death claim in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Appoint a Personal Representative
The deceased has often picked a personal representative for his or her estate in an estate plan, will or trust. However, this isn’t always the case.
A court might select an eligible family member if your loved one didn’t appoint a representative. This may even be a trustee-appointed third party if circumstances permit.
Gather All Necessary Documents and Records
Once you’ve a personal representative, he or she needs to collect vital documents and records. Your Alpharetta wrongful death attorney at Singleton Law Firm, LLC will evaluate those documents and use them to structure your claim.
- Office of the Medical Investigator’s Report and Findings – The Office of the Medical Investigator will give you a much more comprehensive and elaborate report than a death certificate. It should reflect the findings of OMI. As with death certificates, the OMI report may not be entirely complete or accurate. However, the report still provides much more extensive findings and description of the cause of death.
- Incident Reports – The type of accident that causes the death of your loved one will determine the incidents reports you will need. These reports come in different forms. In a car accident, for instance, the police investigate the death and write a comprehensive report.
- Death Certificate – Any immediate family can obtain a death certificate from the relevant authority in Alpharetta. You may not need a personal representative or an Alpharetta wrongful death attorney to collect it. This document will show the preliminary finding of the cause of death, making it important to your case.
Hire an Experienced Alpharetta Wrongful Death Attorney
Consider hiring an attorney with a lot of experience handling cases/claims like yours. This is important since he or she will structure your claim and fight for maximum compensation. Remember, the other party and his or her insurance company may dispute the amount of damages, liability and the cause of death.
Don’t Negotiate with an Insurance Company Alone
Insurance companies are always looking for reasons to dispute your claims and reduce the amount they need to pay. These companies are businesses too. Never discuss any aspect of your claim with the insurance provider of the other party unless an Alpharetta wrongful attorney accompanies you to protect your interests.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If you would like to discuss your case with an Alpharetta wrongful death Lawsuit attorney, contact Singleton Law Firm, LLC today. Call (770) 889 6010 to schedule a free consultation.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The weeks, months or even years that follow the death of your loved one could be quite overwhelming especially if the victim was the source of income. Apart from the emotional trauma, the family may struggle to pay bills.
- Do I Trust The Attorney?November 27, 2019 - 2:15 pm
- Drunk Driver Negligence AlpharettaNovember 24, 2019 - 11:31 pm
- Do Not Suffer the Consequences on Your OwnOctober 30, 2019 - 5:28 pm
- What Is The Potential Settlement Offer?October 23, 2019 - 4:25 pm
- Alpharetta Bus Accident AttorneyOctober 23, 2019 - 3:33 am
- Be Careful of What You Say & Do After a Car AccidentOctober 16, 2019 - 2:03 pm
- Get a Premises Liability AttorneyOctober 9, 2019 - 3:26 pm
- Rollover accidents and head-on collisionsOctober 3, 2019 - 2:11 pm
Singleton Law Firm, LLC
236 North Main St., Suite 200 Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 770.889.6010