If you are involved in an accident that is primarily caused by a motorist who was uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. Follow these steps to ensure that your legal rights are protected. Look at your coverage, notify your insurance company, look into personal protection coverage, document your damages, consult an attorney, communicate with the insurance company and know the law.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CHECK LIST
With millions of automobiles on the streets, it is no surprise that accidents happen. And when a person experiences accidents involving automobiles, chances are they will panic. Nevertheless, we should always be ready for accidents and have this:
automobile accident checklist guide:
- Check your passengers and yourself. Make sure that no one is hurt badly and everyone is alright. If anyone is hurt, make sure you call for help immediately to avoid further injuries. But make sure you also check the passengers and driver of the other vehicle.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident. Whether you are at fault or not, leaving the scene of the accident is never a good idea. Leaving the scene if you are at fault may cause serious criminal liability. And if you are the victim, you may not be able to prove the other driver is at fault. This is the most critical part of this automobile accident checklist since it can make or break your case.
- Ask for police and medical assistance. If it is a simple accident, a call for police assistance may not be necessary but make sure you get to exchange information with the other driver. This will help you contact each other when the need arises. However, if the accident is too big for you to handle, the police should be called.
- If there are any immediate witnesses, talk to them. When filing for automobile accidents claim, witnesses can come in handy to prove the negligence of the driver at-fault. Get the witnesses’ contact details as soon as you can.
- Photos of the accident can also be great evidence for automobile accident claims. Insurance companies and the authorities may ask for photos of the accident. This will also help in filing claims against the driver at-fault.
- And when the above mentioned automobile accident checklist are done but you don’t seem satisfied, you can always ask for further legal assistance from Singleton lawyers. Our lawyers from Singleton Law Firm will share with you the best options and legal actions to be taken when involved in an automobile accident. We will investigate your claim thoroughly and provide help every step of the way.
Our committed attorneys in Singleton Law Firm understand that accidents should not be taken lightly. Injuries and financial loss are only a few of the issues when involved in an automobile accident. So when you get involved in one, keep your calm and remember this list.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CHECK LIST
- Paying a Back Injury LawyerAugust 14, 2019 - 2:19 pm
- Filing a Passenger Injury ClaimAugust 7, 2019 - 5:13 pm
- Negligent Driver Accident LawyerJuly 31, 2019 - 9:14 pm
- How To Ensure Road SafetyJuly 24, 2019 - 2:53 pm
- Train Accident StatisticsJuly 17, 2019 - 2:35 pm
- Finding a Competent Attorney in AtlantaJuly 10, 2019 - 3:29 pm
- Deciding to Hire An AttorneyJuly 3, 2019 - 2:03 pm
- Catastrophic Car Accident LawyerJuly 2, 2019 - 11:47 pm
Singleton Law Firm, LLC
236 North Main St., Suite 200 Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 770.889.6010