Whether the lawyer represents you is your decision as much as it’s the lawyer’s decision as well. You should find an auto accident lawyer, Alpharetta who you can trust, and feel quite comfortable with. Call us today at (770) 889 6010 to find the best attorney who will fight aggressively for your rights and compensation.
Hiring Auto Accident Lawyer
Hiring Auto Accident Lawyer: First Meeting With an Auto Accident Attorney
Your first meeting with an auto accident lawyer is critical. Make the most out of it and ensure the attorney is the best fit for your case. Once you have decided to hire a lawyer after a car accident, you are probably wondering what your first meeting will entail. There are two essential reasons for this meeting when hiring auto accident lawyer Alpharetta at Singleton Law Firm. The first is for the lawyer to assess your case. The second is for you to ensure you are comfortable having this attorney represent you.
Even if the initial consultation has taken place over the telephone or online, the two of you still need to sit down and talk so that the attorney can have a full picture of the circumstances and facts surrounding your case.
The first step will involve you explaining the damages you have sustained, and the facts of the accident. This conversation will be with an attorney, and/or one of the representatives of the attorney, such as a paralegal or legal secretary.
After you have provided your story, you will answer follow-up questions, such as:
- Have you spoken to anyone else about the accident? This can include first responders, family members, friends, and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Have you spoken to any representatives of the insurance company about your auto accident? If so, which representatives, and what did you tell them?
- What health insurance coverage and/or car insurance coverage do you have?
- Were there witnesses to the auto accident, and if so, do you’ve their contact information?
Also, you will need to offer documents you’ve relating to the accident, such as police reports, car repair estimates/invoices, medical bills, photographs, letters and e-mails from insurance companies (and copies of insurance claims you have filed related to your accident).
Do not hold back any relevant documents or information about the accident, even if you are worried that it will hurt your case or is embarrassing.
Even if you’ve not hired an Alpharetta auto accident lawyer at Singleton Law Firm, attorney-client privilege protects your first meeting. Not to mention that withholding information that hurts your case will come back to haunt you after hiring auto accident lawyer, Alpharetta.
For example, your attorney may offer to represent you depending on the information you have provided, but if the information is incomplete, eventually the truth will come out, possibly, after you and your lawyer have spent many hours preparing your case (and thousands of dollars on court costs and expert witnesses).
If An Attorney Does Not Take Your Case
If a lawyer declines to take your case, it does not mean it is a weak one. Attorneys may turn down cases for various reasons, including:
- potential conflicts of interest
- the workload of the attorney
- the scope of your lawsuit goes beyond the skills and experience of the attorney, and
- the firm of an attorney may lack the financial resources to try your case, though it’s potential.
If An Attorney Agrees to Take Your Case
Ask about potential outcomes if the attorney agrees to represent you. However, keep in mind that an Alpharetta auto accident lawyer will not be able to predict accurately your chances of success and the damages award you can expect.
There are very many unknowns and variables, including the unpredictability of personal injury lawsuits.
Deciding to Hire An Attorney
Whether the lawyer represents you is your decision as much as it’s the lawyer’s decision as well. You should find an auto accident lawyer, Alpharetta who you can trust, and feel quite comfortable with. Furthermore, you need to ensure your lawyer will represent your legal interests capably and effectively.
If you choose to hire an attorney, you’ll have to sign a representation agreement, fee agreement, or some document officially establishing the lawyer as your legal representative. In addition, you may need to sign some other documents, such as medical releases, that’ll allow your lawyer to access your medical records on your behalf.
Hiring Auto Accident Lawyer
Hiring Auto Accident lawyer is not easy, but you can contact Singleton Law Firm to find the best attorney who will fight aggressively for your rights and compensation. Call us today at (770) 889 6010 or fill out our contact form to schedule a FREE, NO-OBLIGATION consultation.
Hiring Auto Accident Lawyer
- How Do I Conduct A Thorough Investigation After A Bus Accident?August 5, 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Qualities To Look For In An Automobile Accident LawyerJuly 29, 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Long Term, Short Term, And Prospective MemoryJuly 22, 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Recovering Lost Wages After A Spine InjuriesJuly 15, 2020 - 2:15 pm
- After a Car Fire AccidentJuly 8, 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Reporting Car AccidentsJuly 1, 2020 - 9:20 pm
- Examples Of Premises Liability Cases #1June 25, 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Construction Vehicles Create Risks For Motorists and PedestriansJune 17, 2020 - 11:13 pm
Singleton Law Firm, LLC
236 North Main St., Suite 200 Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 770.889.6010